We offer both instructor-led and web-based training, along with quick reference and user guides for products and services. View and download any of the resources below to get started with applications, products, and tools provided by IT Services, unless otherwise indicated.
Schedule a Training
Our trainers are fully trained and equipped to support you and your team as you embark on the endeavor of learning how to utilize any of the following resources: Box, Cisco Jabber, DocuSign, Phone Features & Voicemail, and Zoom.
While you're at home, stay connected to the rest of the UCLA community with our software bundle and other tools for working remotely. To learn more, refer to the following tools: Zoom, DocuSign, Box, LastPass and Slack.
For supporting voice services refer to: Cisco Jabber, Phone and Voicemail Guides.
Zoom is UCLA’s choice for video and web conferencing. Through a system-wide license agreement, the University of California has negotiated a significant discount off the regular price of a Zoom Pro license.
For more information, please visit:
DocuSign is a secure, legally-binding electronic signature application, allowing users to sign and complete forms digitally from anywhere at any time. Electronic signatures provide an alternative to paper-based forms and wet-ink signatures.
DocuSign Training for Senders (1 hour): This course is intended for UCLA employees who are responsible for sending and managing documents using DocuSign.
All employees who will have the role of DocuSign Sender are required to take this course. This is an introductory level course and requires no prior knowledge of DocuSign or UCLA specific policies and security issues related to DocuSign.
Note: You will need an active DocuSign account in order to access the DocuSign University courses included within this course. Please contact your local IT Department for an account.
Box is a University approved, secure and free method to store and share documents online.
Users can create files and folders, share them using a direct link, and invite both UCLA and external team members to collaborate. Box is easily accessible from anywhere, on smartphone, tablet, or your computer. Documents stored on Box are encrypted and user have unlimited storage.
For more information, please visit:
Slack is a messaging and collaboration platform available to all UCLA students, faculty and staff. With Slack, people can work together more effectively, connect various software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work — all within a secure, enterprise-grade environment.
- Slack Knowledgebase (FAQs)
- Slack Resources LIbrary (Slack)
- UCLA Slack Migration Planning PDF
- Workspace Overview: Workspace Admin Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Workspace Administration Details: UCLA Slack Workspace Admin Guide (PDF)
- Using Slack at UCLA - Student Quickstart Guide (PDF)
- UCLA's Good Slacker Guide (Slack best practices & etiquette)
- UCLA Slack Code of Conduct
- Workspace Admin Quick Reference (PDF)
View the following UCLA Slack Enterprise Grid YouTube playlist for videos on the following Slack topics:
- What is Slack?
- Get Up and Running with Slack
- Find and Start Conversations in Slack
- Collaborate Effectively in Slack Channels
- Advanced: Collaborate Effectively in Slack Channels
- Slack Notifications and Status
The training department has created a multitude of resources that aim to increase knowledge on:
- Voicemail Quick Reference Guide
- Ronald Reagan Medical Center Voicemail Guide
- Voicemail User Guide
- Voicemail FAQs
VOICE OVER IP (VOIP) PHONES, GENERAL CAMPUS
Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series
VoIP 8832 Conference Single Line
VoIP Quick Reference (7800/7900 Series Phones)
- VoIP Quick Reference Card
- VoIP Online Tutorial (7800 Series Phones)
- VoIP User Guide (7900 Series)
- VoIP Wireless Handset User Guide
Electronic Business Sets (EBS)
Automate Attendant (AA) Call Processing System
Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Call Processing System
- ACD Quick Reference Card
- ACD Agent User Guide
- ACD Supervisor User Guide
- ACD Management Information System User Guide
Uniform Call Distribution (UCD) Call Processing System