BOL Services for Students, Staff, and Faculty
Bruin OnLine is available to all active UCLA students, staff, and faculty to support campus-wide online services. These services include:
- Campus Wireless: We provide wireless network access to many buildings on campus. When available, the eduroam network is recommended because it is the most secure of the three available wireless networks.
- Microsoft Office Software Suite (Students Only): The Office software suite comes with the latest full versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and OneNote.
- Off-Campus Access to Academic Journals. When off campus, academic journals can be accessed by configuring your internet browser for the UCLA proxy. Alternatively, these resources can be accessed by first connecting to the Campus VPN. If you decide to use the VPN, we recommend the Cisco AnyConnect Client for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android, as it is the most secure of the available VPN connections and is compatible with a wide variety of networks.
- Antivirus Software for Windows and Mac: Sophos Antivirus actively scans your computer in the background for malicious viruses and automatically updates its virus definitions daily.
- Google Apps for UCLA: Google Apps is an integrated communication and collaboration solution offered by Google, which includes Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and more.
- UCLA Enterprise Box: UCLA Box is a secure cloud storage solution with unlimited storage and sophisticated sharing and collaboration features.