Box is a university approved, secure method to store and share documents online.
Create files and folders, share them using a direct link, and invite both UCLA and external team members to collaborate. Box is easily accessible from anywhere, on smartphone, tablet, or your computer.
UCLA’s Box services is available free of charge to everyone in the UCLA community. Research projects use Box to collaborate on datasets and documents. Departments use Box to replace traditional network file servers. Students use Box to store papers, assignments, and notes. Documents stored on Box are encrypted. You have full control over who can access your files. With no storage limit, Box is the right choice your document storage needs.
- Unlimited storage – Eliminates the need to track storage quotas
- Secure – Data is encrypted at rest and in transit.
- Easy Collaboration – Document sharing across departments is seamless—no firewalls.
- Supports multiple types of files – View files of various types including images and audio/video.
- Easily Accessible – Access content through all major web browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and through mobile devices.
- Granular permissions – Share files and folders while controlling the level of access; view-only to full editing and collaboration rights.
- Sync files – Automatically sync content between your desktop and other devices, and access them anytime—even offline.
Accessing your individual Box account
To activate your individual accounts, visit https://ucla.box.com. You will be prompted to log in using your UCLA Logon ID. Your account is automatically set up on your first visit to Box. Please see Individual Box Accounts to find detailed step-by-step walk-through instructions.
Creating a Department Box Account
To create a departmental or organizational account, please visit Obtain a Departmental Box Account.
Creating an Affiliate Box Account
Contractors, vendors, volunteers, and visiting scholars are eligible for a UCLA Enterprise Box account. For more information and instructions on how to sign up, please see Creating an Affiliate Box Account.