How to Enroll in MFA
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) adds an extra layer of protection for your UCLA Logon account. The Identity and Accounts Manager integrates the steps for multi-factor authentication (MFA) into the process of creating a UCLA LOGON ID. However, you can enroll at any time.
1. Prepare Your Device(s).
- If you are enrolling a smartphone or tablet, please download and install the DUO Mobile app first. You will need to know your app store (e.g., iTunes or Google Play) ID and password.
- If you are interested in using a DUO hardware token, please contact your departmental IT team.
2. Sign into the Identity and Accounts Manager.
- On the left navigation bar, click “MY UCLA LOGON ID.”
- Click “ENABLE MFA FOR YOUR UCLA LOGON ID.”
3. Click “CONTINUE.”
4. Enable MFA on your smartphone (for instructions on enabling other devices, please see our User Guide).
- Click the “SMARTPHONE” option under "Link a Device." Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Duo Mobile app from the appropriate app store for your phone (i.e., Google Play for Android phones).
5. The next screen will ask you to download the DUO Mobile app. (If you have not yet done this, click on the appropriate option for your phone.)
- Once Duo Mobile is installed, check “REQUIRED: I have installed Duo Mobile on my device.”
- Click “CONTINUE.”
6. Link your smartphone on the next screen by entering a name for your phone (i.e., "Samsung") and your phone number.
7. After a few moments, you will see a QR code appear on the screen.
- Open the DUO Mobile app and tap the "+" button in the top right corner.
- Use your smartphone's camera to scan the QR code.
- Wait another few moments for everything to sync.
8. When the sync is finished, a green banner will appear at the top of the page: "Congrats! You have successfully added a device."