Slack is one of the tools that enables UCLA’s digital campus — a collaboration hub that enables real-time communications and connections in a searchable platform for real-time messaging, content sharing, learning, and more.
Login at ucla.slack.com to get started.
Download Slack for Desktop or Mobile
We recommend downloading and using the Slack Desktop app and/or Slack Mobile app as they both have multiple benefits over using the browser-based version of Slack.
Use one of the links below to download the Slack application for your preferred platform and/or device:
Getting Started with Slack
The following resources will help you get up and running with Slack.
- Getting Started with Slack at UCLA - Learn more about how UCLA is using Slack
- Getting Started (Slack) - Everything you need to know to get started and get to work in Slack
- Slack 101
- Using Slack - From channels to search, learn how Slack works from top to bottom
- Working in Slack - An overwiew of some common work-related tasks and how to make collaboration easier
- Slack Tips and Tricks - Some Tips and Tricks for using Slack
- UCLA Slack Migration Planning (PDF)
- UCLA Slack Workspace Administrator Guide (PDF)
- Faculty Toolkit - draft (PDF)
- Staff Toolkit - draft (PDF)
View the following UCLA Slack Enterprise Grid YouTube playlist for videos on the following Slack topics:
- What is Slack?
- Get Up and Running with Slack
- Find and Start Conversations in Slack
- Collaborate Effectively in Slack Channels
- Advanced: Collaborate Effectively in Slack Channels
- Slack Notifications and Status
For more help with Slack, check out the links below:
If you have questions about our Slack workspace, send an e-mail to [email protected] and somebody will assist you.