New to Slack?
Slack is one of the tools that enables UCLA’s digital campus — a collaboration hub that enables real-time communications and connections in a searchable platform for real-time messaging, content sharing, learning, and more.
If you’re new to Slack and want a quick overview, start here!
Download Slack for Desktop or Mobile
We recommend downloading and using the Slack Desktop app and/or Slack Mobile app as they both have multiple benefits over using the browser-based version of Slack.
Use one of the links below to download the Slack application for your preferred platform and/or device:
Getting Started with Slack
The following resources will help you get up and running with Slack.
- Getting Started with Slack at UCLA - Learn more about how UCLA is using Slack
- UCLA Slack Migration Planning (PDF)
- Workspace Overview: Workspace Admin Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Workspace Administration Details: UCLA Slack Workspace Admin Guide (PDF)
- Getting Started (Slack) - Everything you need to know to get started and get to work in Slack
- UCLA's Good Slacker Guide (Slack best practices & etiquette)
- UCLA Slack Use Cases - For students, faculty, and staff
- Using Slack at UCLA - Student Quickstart Guide (PDF)
- Slack 101
- Using Slack - From channels to search, learn how Slack works from top to bottom
- Working in Slack - An overwiew of some common work-related tasks and how to make collaboration easier
- Slack Tips and Tricks - Some Tips and Tricks for using Slack
View the following UCLA Slack Enterprise Grid YouTube playlist for videos on the following Slack topics:
- What is Slack?
- Get Up and Running with Slack
- Find and Start Conversations in Slack
- Collaborate Effectively in Slack Channels
- Advanced: Collaborate Effectively in Slack Channels
- Slack Notifications and Status
For more help with Slack, check out the links below:
If you have questions about our Slack workspace, send an e-mail to [email protected] and somebody will assist you.