The Service Management Office (SMO) is an internal team composed of six service managers who are charged with the development and management of the Service Management Initiative within IT Services. The SMO provides organizational structure to facilitate the implementation of ITSM process activities and focuses on business goals and objectives. The SMO is responsible for:
- Managing the service management processes
- Ensuring continual service improvement
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Creating and maintaining the ITSM documentation structure to provide consistency across the organization. This includes process document, training manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining the processes within ServiceNow