Customer Engagement provides quality support to the UCLA community in a variety of ways. Our goal is to make technology work for UCLA, assisting with learning about available services, offering help with using products and services, facilitating solutions with campus partners, and ensuring service quality and management.
- The IT Support Center ([email protected]) delivers a common point of contact solution that facilitates service requests, incident reporting and resolution.
- The IT Support Center Offers walk-in consulting and first-level support for a suite of services, including UCLA logon, email, Box, Google Apps for UCLA, Enterprise Messaging, campus VPN, campus proxy, campus wireless, antivirus software, and mailing lists.
- The Client Support team focuses on ways to enable campus partners to order support and processing/service provisioning, establish reporting for all telephony, CATV, 800 MHz infrastructure and outages, and escalate issues for resolution by ITS technical teams as well as contracted service providers.
- Client Support offers assistance for UCLA directory updates and works with key department contacts to ensure service access information used by systems across UCLA is updated and accurate.
- Desktop Support provides user and endpoint support to campus departments. This covers desktops, laptops, mobile devices, servers, network access, printer connectivity, remote connectivity, email, antivirus software, data backup and archiving. Support for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems is available.
- The Service Management team ensures reliable and continuous service and is charged with the development and management of IT Service Management practices in IT Services. The team provides organizational structure to facilitate the implementation of ITSM process activities and focuses on business goals and objectives.
Campus Relationship Management
- The Campus Relationship Management team works with campus partner departments to identify and facilitate solutions based on their needs. Solutions can vary from data center integration, colocation, or leveraging ITS services such as Desktop Support or Web Hosting to meet their departmental goals.
- The Communications & Content team designs and develops customer-focused communications to publicize the products and services that IT Services offers. The team also assists the department’s various internal constituents in meeting their visual communication needs; and supports customer outreach activities. The team also provides original writing and editing for customer and staff communications.
- The group has program management responsibility for web content management services, including web development and hosting, and concentrates on developing, promoting, and maintaining best practices for web content creation, management and user interaction design. The team works closely with UCLA Communications and campus communities to ensure compliance with UCLA web content branding, usability, and accessibility standards.