Application Services is a service provider for enterprise application solutions that support the operations of UCLA, the UC Office of the President and UC Merced. In response to a fast-changing business environment and technology landscape in the higher education arena, the portfolio of UCLA enterprise applications has evolved from in-house, on-premises-only applications to include a mix of acquired systems and SaaS solutions deployed in hybrid cloud models. This shift represents greater alignment with IT Services' business strategy, enables Application Services to provide better support for critical business functions, and transforms the role of Application Services from the center of software development to the facilitation of enterprise application integration for the campus at large, and the brokerage of technical expertise in modern technology for campus units.
The group is responsible for overall product management at an enterprise scale, supporting implementation and ongoing operations for:
- Financial Applications – Supports activities involved in obtaining and managing financial resources for UCLA.
- Student Applications – Supports UCLA student lifecycle activities from admissions to graduation.
- Procurement Applications – Supports a series of activities that forms the UCLA procurement cycle.
- HR/Payroll Applications – Supports managerial and operative functions in personnel management of UCLA employees.
- Faculty Applications – Supports the academic review process required for UCLA faculty appointments, promotion, and tenure.
- Research Admin Applications – Supports UCLA’s fulfillment of effort reporting requirement to federally sponsored research projects.
Our responsibilities cover the product lifecycle range of design, development, configuration, test, deployment, enhancement, upgrade, administration, maintenance and documentation for the above services.
In addition, our combined application solution delivery team presents opportunities to better leverage business analysis, common methodology and tools, modern architectures, platforms and technical capabilities to help the campus quickly respond to future business demands. Services provided to help campus departments and units are:
- Enterprise Integration Services – Provide a platform with a variety of services and tools that your developers and system integrators can utilize to build and integrate solutions.
- Application Services & Solutions – Provide technology-assisted solutions, or just the technical expertise your department needs, to solve your business problems.