Data Backup and Recovery services provide backup, replication and on-demand recovery for all virtual infrastructure customers, providing complete application and data protection.
- Enhanced protection utilizing a fully redundant off-site replication facility.
- Recovery service on an as-needed basis.
- Daily/weekly backup reports.
Backup Operation and Coverage
- Standard incremental backup: 1 full and 6 incremental rotations per week
- On-demand or ad-hoc backup is available via Service Desk request (charges may apply)
- Backup jobs monitored daily via email alerts and backup system logs
- Included with virtual server offerings
- Available to colocation customers
- Offsite replication to UC Berkeley
Backup Media Management and Retention Policy
Backup data is kept for 28 days; longer retention plans can be individualized as needed and may incur additional charges.
Data and System Recovery
- Data restore requests will be serviced within 24 hours
- Virtual services system restore will be serviced within 12 hours
System restore request for stand-alone servers at the data center provided on a “best effort” basis.