Good news for departments that juggle a variety of mobile services, devices, vendors, and invoices: The UCLA Mobile Program can help.
Administered by IT Services, the Mobile Program makes procuring and billing for mobile services much easier—it offers consolidated invoices, pooled minutes that eliminate overage charges, and a “campus concierge” who works directly with vendors so you can spend time on other tasks. The UCLA Mobile Program currently offers services from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon and utilizes rates established by the National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO). Customers from over 150 campus departments currently use the UCLA Mobile Program. Benefits to using the UCLA Mobile Program:
- Single Point of Contact: Instead of talking to various carrier representatives for assistance, simply contact IT Services with your mobile needs. You’ll receive personalized customer service and expedited turnaround times.
- Reduction in Overall Mobile Costs: Savings in both hard and soft dollars. As an example, based on AT&T data provided by Accounts Payable, average savings per user was $21.65 per month.
- Streamlined Operations: The program eliminates internal paperwork and reduces the amount of bills processed by Accounts Payable.
- Plan Optimization: Customers are enrolled in pooling plans that leverage minutes across all accounts, reducing overall costs and eliminating overages and late fees.
- Invoice Monitoring: Bills are audited monthly for erroneous charges, missing discounts and to ensure lowest mobile costs.
- Consolidated and Itemized Billing: All costs for mobile services are billed via recharge to an FAU, and itemized detail is included on the IT Services Web-based Bill.
UCOP Policy G-46, Guidelines for the Purchase and Use of Cellular Phones and Other Portable Electronic Resources, provides guidance for the purchase and use of mobile equipment and services. Please note that a department head may authorize the purchase of mobile equipment only when the primary use of the device will be for University business. It is the individual department's responsibility to ensure that users are adhering to this policy. In addition, an employee who is to be provided mobile equipment or services must prior to receipt of such resources sign a usage agreement. Please see Appendix A in Policy G-46 on the right side of this page.
If you are traveling internationally and plan to use your mobile device for email, please contact us at [email protected] to add international features before you leave the country. Data roaming charges without a plan are very high and are applied if international data roaming is turned on, whether or not you actually use your email or web browser.
If you do not plan to use your data device while traveling, please be sure to turn international data roaming off or you may incur roaming charges whether or not you use your device.
If you have questions, while traveling, please call the 24/7 global support lines listed below:
- AT&T: +1-314-925-6925
- Sprint: +1-817-694-4199
- T-Mobile: +1-505-998-3793
- Verizon: +1-908-559-4899
- UCLA Mobile Program: [email protected]
- AT&T: 800-331-0500
- Sprint: 800-927-2199
- T-Mobile: 877-575-7420 x1463192
- Verizon: 800-922-0204
When calling the carrier directly, please inform them that you are calling for technical support. If any account changes are necessary, the carrier will refer you back to us.
Lost or Stolen Equipment
If you have a lost/stolen phone:
1. Contact the carrier ASAP to suspend service (see above vendor support lines)
2. Contact the Mobile Program at [email protected]
If you have a lost/stolen smartphone:
1. Contact your departmental IT office to wipe the device*
2. Contact the carrier ASAP to suspend service (see above vendor support lines)
3. Contact the Mobile Program at [email protected]
*If your departmental IT office is not available to wipe your device, proceed to step 2.
Billing for mobile services appears on the monthly IT Services Web Based Bill. If you have questions about your bill, contact IT Services Billing:
- Phone: (310) 825-8000
- Email: [email protected]
Mobile Equipment Recycling
Departments may return used equipment to the Mobile Program for recycling. If we receive payment from our recycling vendor, we will apply a credit to the phone number or FAU you specify. Please email us at [email protected] for more information.
The following tables outline the basic services we offer from the carriers. Don’t see a plan that fits your business needs? Contact the Mobile Program at [email protected] to further discuss. Rates are current as of July 2017.
*Includes unlimited email/data and text messaging
**Includes 400 domestic minutes, 200 domestic texts, reduced voice roaming rates, unlimited domestic data, and 3 GB international data
|Domestic Pooling Bundle 400*||$49.61|
|Domestic Pooling Bundle 600*||$61.43|
|Domestic Pooling Bundle 1000*||$73.13|
|International Pooling Bundle 400**||$87.73|
|iPad 3 GB Data||$26.25|
|Unlimited Data (iPad and other broadband devices)||$39.99|
|Unlimited Voice, Data & Text||$ 44.99|
|Unlimited 3G/4G Data||$ 37.99|
*Includes unlimited text messaging, Binge On (Video Streaming), and 2G data in 140 countries.
**Includes Binge On (Video Streaming) and 2G data in 140 countries.
|300 Share Minutes + 3GB Data & Hotspot*||$ 16.40|
|600 Share Minutes + 3GB Data & Hotspot*||$ 20.50|
|3GB Data No Voice**||$ 16.80|
|Unlimited Data No Voice**||$ 28.70|
*Includes unlimited data and text messaging
**Includes 400 domestic minutes, unlimited domestic text messaging and unlimited domestic/international data
|Nationwide Email & Calling Share 400*||$49.99|
|Nationwide Email & Calling Share 600*||$62.99|
|Nationwide Email & Calling Share 1000*||$75.00|
|Global Email & Calling Share 400**||$67.52|
|Unlimited Broadband (iPad and other broadband devices)||$37.99|
To migrate to the UCLA Mobile Program, order new service, make changes to existing service or to disconnect service, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Web Center.
- Sign in using your UCLA Logon and password.
- Select Mobile Pooling Plans.
If you have any questions or need help ordering service, please email us at [email protected].