The Auto Attendant answers simultaneous calls and responds to the caller's selections without intervention of a receptionist 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It is designed for departments that receive a large volume of incoming calls, or those that may not have enough staff to handle incoming call traffic. Callers can navigate through the system and listen to one or more customized menus that offer options to select specific departments or individuals, listen to a prerecorded information message, leave a message, or request live assistance.
- Each auto attendant application is designed and programmed to meet needs of each campus department.
- Programming options include: time of day greetings (day, lunch, after hours and holiday’s), repeat choices, transfer to an extension number, transfer to live assistance, play a message, and transfer to voicemail.
- Time of day routing allows caller to be routed to a different set of options based on the time of day and day of the week.
- Web-based auto attendant reports are available anytime
- Available 24 hours per day 365 days a year
- A common user interface that employs the same commands/codes as the current voicemail system
Any department with UCLA dial tone service. A dedicated directory number is needed which is designated as the auto attendant pilot number.