UCLA Departments may request a DUO instance for use in securing internal departmental applications which do not use UCLA Logon / Single Sign On (SSO).
Some common applications used within UCLA departments which can be secured with Duo include:
- Remote Desktop Protocol
- X-Windows remote sessions
- CITRIX Remote Access Services
- VPN Appliances (various manufacturers)
- Firewall Appliances (various manufacturers)
- Other network infrastructure devices
- Cloud based applications
- Password manager software
- Windows and *NIX server local interactive console access
- Administrative access to Web Content Management Services (CMS)
Further information regarding all supported applications can be found at: https://duo.com/docs
Any Campus department interested in the having a licensed departmental Duo instance should send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org to open a Service Request. The licensing costs for Duo instances are provided at no charge to Campus departments. Any telephony credit costs are at the expense of the individual Campus department for which the licensing is provided. Also, Duo hardware tokens may be purchased by the individual department and associated with the licensed departmental instance at the department’s expense.