LastPass is a password manager that secures and simplifies your online life by remembering your passwords for you and alleviating poor password habits. With LastPass to manage your logins, it's easy to have a strong, unique password for every online account and improve your online security.
LastPass stores login information of various accounts and automatically enters them into web forms to save you time. This helps prevent:
- The need to remember multiple passwords.
- Poor password behavior such as low complexity or one repeated password for multiple sites.
- Attacks like keystroke logging.
LastPass is now being offered to departments at UCLA for no charge.
- One master password unlocks your whole password database.
- Auto-fill is supported on all popular web browsers, hundreds of apps, and more.
- Real-time syncronization to any platform: web, desktop, and mobile.
- Top rate security:
- The latest algorithms (AES-256, PBKDF2 SHA-256, and salted hashes) are used to encrypt passwords. LastPass never sees your passwords in plaintext and your master password never leaves your machine.
- Your passwords are encrypted and decrypted at the device level. Your master password, and the keys used to encrypt and decrypt data, are never sent to LastPass’ servers, and are never accessible by LastPass or the IT Security Office. LastPass employs a 'zero-knowledge' model: all sensitive data is encrypted locally at your device with a key that is never transmitted to the host (LastPass).
- Integration with DUO MFA offers an extra layer of security for your LastPass account.
- Fingerprint support. Swipe into the LastPass app with your fingerprint for easy, secure access to your passwords.
- Built-in password generator. The generator can be adjusted for length, types of characters, readability, pronounceability, and other options. You can learn more and even test the LastPass generator.
- Amazing customer service. Call and promptly speak with a live technical support representative, who is happy to assist you. By phone, contact LastPass Support at 1-800-830-6680 (Monday - Friday, 8am to 6pm MST), or open a support ticket.
All departments can request a LastPass enterprise account free of charge.