How much does it cost?
SentinelOne is being funded by the IT Security Office, so there is zero cost to you.
On which Operating Systems does it run?
- SentinelOne offers clients for Windows, MacOS and Linux, including many no longer supported OSs such as Windows XP. If you would like to find out if a specific OS is supported, contact the IT Security Office.
Can I install it on workstations, servers and VDI environments?
- Yes, all of these environments are supported.
Do I need to uninstall my old antivirus program?
- SentinelOne works as a complete replacement for traditional anti-malware solutions or in conjunction with them. The choice is yours.
Will SentinelOne protect me against ransomware?
- Yes, SentinelOne will recognize the behaviors of ransomware and prevent it from encrypting files. On Windows, there is a rollback feature, which allows the return of files to a known good state if the ransomware does somehow manage to encrypt files.
- Additionally, if SentinelOne is not able to recover the encrypted files, they will pay $1,000 per encrypted machine, up to $1M.
Will SentinelOne slow down my system?
- The SentinelOne client uses a small amount of system resources and should not impact your daily activities.
Does SentinelOne protect me while I am disconnected from the internet (such as during traveling)?
- Yes, the client will protect against malware threats when the device is disconnected from the internet. However, the administrative visibility and functionality in the console will be lost until the device is back online.
Getting an instance is very simple. Just fill out the SentinelOne New Account Request Form with the required information. We will create your department’s instance, provide you with the details on how to log in and use the software, and provide you with an initial block of 50 licenses.
Do I need Duo Multi-Factor Authentication to log into the console?
- Yes, all accounts will use your Shib login, and have Duo enabled. For Duo, you will be able to use mobile push or passcode.
- Please note that Duo phone calls and texts will not be enabled. You can also contact the IT Security Office to inquire regarding a token, if the previously mentioned options do not work for you.
Can I have more than 50 licenses?
- We provision licenses in blocks of 50; if you need an additional block, just contact us.
Can I configure all of the settings within my instance?
- You have full autonomy for the settings within your instance with the exception of changing Duo login settings.