Block Unwanted Emails
If someone you don't know emails you and you think it might be a phishing attempt, you can block that sender.
Blocking unwanted emails in Outlook is simple:
- Go to your inbox.
- Select any email from a sender you would like to block.
- Click on the down arrow next to the Junk button.
- Select the “Block [sender’s name] option.”
- Confirm your choice by clicking on the OK button.
If you would like to have more control over how Outlook.com handles incoming email messages, open the Settings menu by clicking on the settings icon and selecting the View full settings option. Here you can create complex rules to tell Outlook how to handle incoming email messages.
To learn how to block someone on Gmail and move all future emails you receive from the address to the Spam folder:
- Open an email from the sender you would like to block.
- Click on the little arrow next to the reply button and select the “Block [sender’s name]” option.
- A pop-up window will appear and ask you if you want to block the sender’s email address and move all future emails from it to the Spam folder. Click on the Block button to confirm.
- A confirmation message should appear, telling you that you’ve successfully blocked the sender.
To unblock the sender: open an email you’ve received from the sender, click on the little arrow next to the reply button and select the “Unblock [sender’s name]” option.
Yahoo gives you the option to block as many as 500 email addresses which get automatically moved to the Spam folder, leaving you with a clean inbox. To block an email address on Yahoo:
- Hover the mouse cursor over the Settings icon and select Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Navigate to the Blocked Addresses category.
- Under Add an address, type the email address you would like to block.
- Click on the Block button.
- Click on the Save button.
To unblock an email address on Yahoo: Navigate to the Blocked Addresses category again and choose which email address you want to unblock.