WordPress 4.7.3 Is Now Available
WordPress 4.7.3 is now available. It is strongly recommended that you update your sites to the most current version.
A remote attacker could exploit some of these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected website. WordPress versions 4.7.2 and earlier are affected by these six critical security issues listed below:
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via media file metadata
- Control characters can trick redirect URL validation
- Unintended files can be deleted by administrators using the plugin deletion functionality
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via video URL in YouTube embeds
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via taxonomy term names
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) in Press This leading to excessive use of server resources
For more information, please visit https://wordpress.org/news/2017/03/wordpress-4-7-3-security-and-maintenance-release/.