Modernize Your Websites with Drupal
Did you know that IT Services now offers staff and faculty a high-performance, scalable and secure solution for publishing websites? UCLA departments no longer have to design and build their own sites and maintain their own web servers. IT Services has partnered with Acquia, a cloud platform-provider, to offer you a feature-rich Drupal content management system.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a popular content management system (CMS) that makes it easy for groups and individuals—even those with no programming or technical experience—to build and maintain websites. With a CMS, you don’t need to worry about programming or design, you can focus on writing great content.
Our Drupal CMS service offers:
- Security and reliability, with 24x7 monitoring, backup services, and security and software updates.
- Speed: Sites are optimized for high availability and fast page load times.
- Easy Content Editing: No HTML knowledge required! WYSIWYG editing lets content editors easily format text and post images and videos.
- Multiple Editor Accounts: Sites allow a group of content editors to work on updating site content with their own individual logins and access permissions.
- Customization: Choose from a selection of page layouts and content widgets. IT services will work with you to help organize pages and content.
- Content Draft & Approval: Configure a content editing workflow so that draft content has to be approved by privileged users before it is published.
- Mobile-Friendly Sites: Sites are responsive, configured for both big and small screens.
- UCLA-branded Site Themes: Sites come with an attractive theme that meets UCLA branding guidelines.
- Support and Training: IT Services is available to help you and your team create and update your website.
How Much Does the Service Cost?
We offer two types of services:
- Basic Managed Hosting – You bring the technical expertise (developers, designers, etc.), and we provide a shared-hosting environment.
- Content Management Consulting – We’ll help you develop your web content.
In-person training and Drupal documentation are included in each package. You can view the 2017/18 approved rate sheet for all of our services in Box, or contact the Box Administrator for more information.
How Can My Department Sign Up?
To get started using Drupal, or for more information, please contact us at [email protected].