IT Services Is Here to Help
Dear Colleagues —
In response to the rapidly-evolving COVID-19 situation, IT Services remains available to serve the UCLA campus community.
We’re providing support for staff and faculty to work remotely in several specific ways:
- We’ve increased the campus VPN capacity;
- We’ve upgraded our VoIP infrastructure to support 20,000 remote phones;
- We’re facilitating equipment loans, and partnering with the Library to offer additional laptops and iPads to support instruction and work.
- We've created a resource for faculty and staff of tools for working remotely;
- With our own staff remote as well, we're providing additional licenses for the Bomgar tool to enable our IT support colleagues to do remote troubleshooting and assistance.
IT Services continues to provide 24x7 operational support to ensure the performance and availability of server infrastructure, networks, voice systems, and data centers, that support a variety of mission-critical campus applications. Our staff are available remotely and on-call to ensure continuing support coverage for normal campus operations.
Our IT Support Center and Desktop Support teams are providing support remotely. We also continue to provide 24x7 after-hours support for UCLA Logon ID password resets, and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) / Duo assistance. For self-service, the Customer Portal offers the option of searching our knowledgebase.
Related Covid-19 Information
The campus is maintaining a number of sites to provide information about planning and resources regarding COVID-19:
- UCLA Newsroom: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) information for the UCLA campus community
- Bruins Safe Online is the go-to resource for situations impacting UCLA.