IT Services Fall Customer Forum
IT Services Talks Web, Networking, and Security at Its Fall Customer Forum
More than 150 UCLA IT decision-makers attended the IT Services Fall Customer Forum on Wednesday, November 4th. Senior managers discussed a variety of campus- and UC-wide IT initiatives, including
- The new content management system for UCLA websites, Acquia’s Drupal in the Cloud enterprise solution;
- Progress on the three-year project to extend wireless to the entire campus;
- Modernization of the campus phone system;
- Plans to implement a unified campus network architecture; and
- The new five-point “UC Cyber-Risk Mandate” for increased IT security in the UC system.
Associate Vice Chancellor Andrew Wissmiller opened the morning’s presentations with several updates, including one especially exciting bit of news regarding UC Path: The UCOP Go-Live cutover is in progress. On December 1st and 2nd, UCOP employees will receive their first paychecks via the new system.
The forum slide presentation provides further information on all of these topics. If you have any questions about our products and services, Client Support staff will be happy to help: email@example.com or (310) 825-8000.
IT Services will be holding forums twice a year to provide updates to our customers and—more important—to solicit your input on how we can best meet your technology needs. We hope to see you at one of our future events.