Desktop Support — Student Worker Opportunities
Information Technology Services’ Desktop Support team is seeking motivated tech-savvy students for our Assistant Desktop Support positions. Our Assistant Desktop Support Analysts provide technical support to departments and staff campus-wide, both in person and over the phone. Main responsibilities include troubleshooting end-user problems, as well as assisting customers with computing issues, including software installation, basic hardware repair, and application support.
Positions offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules (minimum 10 hours per week) and opportunities to advance technical skills.
Desired qualifications and requirements:
- At least four quarters remaining until graduation.
- Ability to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Knowledge of Internet-related protocols (POP3, IMAP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, etc.) and the ability to explain these terms in plain English.
- Ability to identify, explain, and resolve basic technical problems with both Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as with IT Services-supported software and services, such as email client software, office applications, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to provide technical support in person or over the phone.
Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.