Customer Engagement provides leading-edge help desk support to our campus clients and directory assistance to the general public. Our goal is to excel in helping customers order and use our IT products and services, and to continuously improve the methods we employ to deliver this support and keep our customers engaged.
Our Training group ensures that our staff and customers are well versed in the latest technology products we offer, and that customers know how these products and services can benefit them.
Help Desk Functions
- Client Support ([email protected]) delivers a single point of contact solution that facilitates service requests, problem and change management tickets; order support and processing/service provisioning; and repair for all telephony, CATV, 800 MHz infrastructure and outages.
- Bruin Online Customer Support ([email protected]) offers walk-in consulting and first-level support for a suite of services, including UCLA logon, email, Box, Google Apps for UCLA, Enterprise Messaging, campus VPN, campus proxy, campus wireless, antivirus software, and mailing lists.
- Desktop Support ([email protected]) provides end user and hardware support to campus departments. This covers desktops, laptops, mobile devices, servers, network access, printer connectivity, remote connectivity, email, antivirus software, data backup and archiving. Support for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems is available.
Directory Assistance and Conferencing Services
- The UCLA Information Center and Directory Services ([email protected]) provides directory information and call assistance to the UCLA campus, the Health System and the public at large. Conference Services are also offered to UCLA staff and faculty.
- The Training Center ([email protected]) delivers online and instructor-led training to campus customers and IT Services staff on the department’s products and services.
Communications & Content
- The Communications & Content team designs and develops customer-focused communications to publicize the products and services that IT Services offers. The team also assists the department’s various internal constituents in meeting their visual communication needs; and supports customer outreach activities. The team also provides original writing and editing for customer and staff communications.
- The group has program management responsibility for web content management services, including web development and hosting, and concentrates on developing, promoting, and maintaining best practices for web content creation, management and user interaction design. The team works closely with UCLA Communications and campus communities to ensure compliance with UCLA web content branding, usability, and accessibility standards.
IT Services Training Center
Using a blended learning model to deliver customized products and services training to campus customers and IT Services staff