IT Services Client Support is responsible for handling technical support calls for all IT Services applications and systems, including QDB. When you call Client Support for QDB support, please be sure to have the following information available:
- Your logon ID (no passwords --you should never give your password to anyone!).
- Your department.
- If you are a CSC (Computer Support Coordinator), please identify yourself as such when you call.
- The name of the application you are using to access QDB. Please keep in mind that QDB is not an application. The tool you use on your desktop may either be a commercial tool such as Hummingbird BI/Query, Microsoft Access or Microsoft Excel, or a custom application developed by your departmental programmers (for example, the School of Medicine has such tools written for Excel).
- If you are calling about an error message you received, write down the exact error message and have it ready.
- If you are calling about a query problem, write down the exact SQL query text and have it ready.
Call (310) 825-8000, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries.